Information, Advice & Guidance (IAG) Statement of Service
Our aim is to offer a customer focused service, which is convenient for all clients to access and provide up to date, comprehensive and impartial information, advice and guidance.
About JET Hairdressing Academy IAG service
JET Hairdressing Academy will provide appropriate impartial Information Advice and Guidance service to:
- Potential candidates
- Current learners
The IAG service is designed to help individuals to make an informed decision if they want to find out how to improve their current job prospects or skills, get a qualifications or just make the most out of your current job.
This IAG will be provided at:
- The initial contact
- Recruitment phase
- Whilst participating on Apprenticeship programmes
- On exit from the Apprenticeship programmes
Our staff hold appropriate professional qualifications and training, their skills and knowledge are continuously updated through a programme of staff development.
What we offer
- A confidential, impartial and objective information and advice service, covering learning opportunities and the skills and qualifications needed for employment or career progression within the hairdressing industry
- Written information on all courses and opportunities that JET Hairdressing Academy offer
- Support during your apprenticeship studies to assist your learning, personal development and career
- Advice and services to enable you to study effectively if you have a disability or additional requirements
- Telephone / Internet services providing information and advice
- A signposting and referral service to other providers and sources of information (if we are unable to offer the information or advice you require ourselves)
What can you expect from us?
- We will be professional and knowledgeable
- We will be welcoming and friendly
- We will tailor our service to your needs
- We are happy to answer your enquiry by telephone or e-mail or to offer you an individual appointment
- We will treat you fairly and equally
- Respond to your written correspondence requests within 5 working days
- Respond to your telephone call requests within 5 working days
- We will acknowledge or reply to your email within 5 working days
What do we expect from you?
- As much relevant information as you can give us so that we can answer your enquiry fully
- Prompt contact if you have any questions or concerns about the Apprenticeship programme
- To attend all interviews, which have been arranged with JET Hairdressing Academy IAG staff or potential employers at the given date and time
- Let us know if you need to cancel or reschedule any interviews with the JET Hairdressing Academy IAG staff or potential employers
- To be honest and open with us, and work towards meeting your agreed aims
- To treat JET Hairdressing Academy staff and fellow apprentices with respect
In order to provide the best possible service we keep a record of your details, your academic record, a summary of any discussion and a contact log with us.
This record can only be accessed by authorised staff or representatives who need to see this information as part of their work. JET Hairdressing Academy complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
JET Hairdressing Academy welcome enquiries from all young people and adults regardless of age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, background or religion.
JET Hairdressing Academy is committed to the aim that everybody is given equal opportunity to access the IAG services and training resources.
Feedback, comments and complaints
To help us continuously improve our service and address a wide range of your needs, we value your suggestions, comments, compliments or complaints (you may wish to do this anonymously).
If you would like to comment on or compliment the service, or to make a complaint, relevant forms will be provided upon request.
Our compliants procedure explains clearly how complaints should be made and how these and any unresolved issues are dealt with.
All complaints are dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Appointments may be made in person, by telephone or by email.
To make an appointment please contact JET Hairdressing Academy:
Telephone: 01268 286403
Alternatively please write to:
JET Hairdressing Academy
1 The Gloucesters, Crompton Close